Saturday, March 17, 2018

Stonewashing machine

This is my rock tumbler



When the ink in my old printer/scanner combo always dried in I decided it's time for a cheap laser printer.
I wanted to break down the old one to use the glass plate for leather thinning and it's doing its job until today.
It also serves well as a super flat surface for sandpaper, better than any granite stone or the like.

Anyways, this is the printing unit. I simply connected the little engines cable with the 12V/220V box inside the printer and it works well. The connections should become soldered one day but for that I'd have to ask a colleague :O



These pebbles are a bit too big for my tastes today but back then I didn't know what nice rounded ones you can find at playgrounds :)
Just forget the steel can, better to use plastic, like a Vanish OxiAction can or so, much quieter I can tell.
Still it's quite loud, so use it on job if you can or somewhere where noise won't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment